Global Jira Service Desk Cloud Implementation at Coroplast Group
Project length: 6 months
Goal: Implementation of a service desk solution using Jira Service Management
The Coroplast Group spans a global network with its brands Coroplast Tape, CoroFlex and WeWire.
The aim was to implement a service desk process that would enable all employees to work together in a central tool.
At the start of the project it was important to act quickly. A deadline of 2 months was set so that a functioning service desk tool could continue to be available.
1. Replacement of the existing tool
- Scoping of the required licenses and add-ons
- Translation of the processes in Jira Service Management
Fastest possible start-up in Germany and end user onboarding
2. Development of the process into a fully-fledged service desk solution
- Adding processes that could not be covered with the existing solution, such as SAP error messages, user requests and asset management
- Improvement of user-friendliness by optimizing the service desk processes, adapted to internal workflows
3. Expansion of the solution to additional global locations
- The locations in North America, China, Mexico, Poland, Tunisia and Moldova were given their own sub-service desk portals, allowing them to customize specific details to suit the unique needs of the location
4. Setting up interfaces to other internally used solutions
- Interface to Zabbix and PowerAutomate